Garmin Drivesmart 61 Updates
What is Garmin DriveSmart 61 ?
Garmin DriveSmart GPS navigator gives driver alerts to energize more secure driving and increment situational mindfulness. Admonitions incorporate cautions for sharp bends, speed changes, railroad intersections, animal crossings and that’s just the beginning. Moreover, Garmin DriveSmart advises you when driving the incorrect path on a single direction road and sends admonitions for close by school zones. Get alarms for close by red light and speed cameras and be set up for abrupt stops in rush hour gridlock with up and coming traffic jam cautions. For longer drives, a weakness warning proposes break times and potential rest territories nightfall of driving. The Up Ahead feature lets you easily see places up ahead and milestones along your route, without leaving the map view.
Advanced Navigation with Smart Features Stay connected with Garmin DriveSmart. This GPS navigator features built-in Wi-Fi for easy software and map updates. Includes voice-activated navigation, Bluetooth handsfree calling and onscreen smart notifications so your hands remain on the wheel. Enjoy map updates plus TripAdvisor data, helpful driver alerts, and live traffic and parking information .
How to update Garmin DriveSmart 61 ?
- On your computer, go to garmin.com/express.
- Select an option:
- To install on a Windows computer, select Download for Windows.
- To install on a Mac computer, select Download for Mac.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Start Garmin Express.
- Connect your Garmin® device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Click Add a Device.
The Garmin Express software detects your device.
- Click Add Device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add your device to the Garmin Express software.
When setup is complete, the Garmin Express software searches for map and software updates for your device.
- Select an option:
- To install all available updates, click Install All.
- To install a single update, click View Details and select an update.
- The Garmin Express software downloads and installs the updates onto your device. Map updates are very large, and this process may take a long time on slower Internet connections.
How to turn on/off the Garmin DriveSmart?
- To turn the device on, press the power key, or connect the device to power.
- To put the device in power saving mode, press the power key while the device is on.
While in power saving mode, the screen is off and the device uses very little power, but it can wake instantly for use.
TIP: You can charge your device faster by putting it in power saving mode while charging the battery.
- To turn off the device completely, hold the power key until a prompt appears on the screen, and select Off.
The prompt appears after five seconds. If you release the power key before the prompt appears, the device enters power saving mode.